Monday 15 August 2011

silly things that make us laugh

We ventured out into the sunshine to play in the park, cycle, football and when we were climbing the frame we tried out the 'big hands' photo. Silly but it kept us laughing for ages.





The roundabout I think is now a definite 'too old for' playground toy. At 44 I have lost the fun feeling I used to get when 'spinning until my head has entered another dimension' and can now only spin for 3 or 4 revolutions before my head wants to rest on the floor. I think it took a good hour before the awful feeling in my head and stomach had gone


And this suddenly became a big deal to do .....


Returned home to make this


Remember playing with these as kids?


We made an ART one with artists names, photographs and questions and answers about art.
Jacob loved it and is working on a much larger version and is making 5, one for himself and one for each of his cousins who we will see in a few days. He's planned an art day where they have to add patterns and colour from different cultures on the outside, artists photos and names on the next sections and on the inner section questions and answers about art in general.
(Hello project for my YR7's in September)


Plum and apple jam/jelly, plum sauce or chutney coming up later in the week

 and some lovely

carrot biscuits

that I found on the most fantastic blog 'sugarslut' - http://justasugarslut.blogspot.com/

 You really must take a look it's fab and these carrot biscuits are just the best idea for getting so much veg into something that looks like it should just be sweet, sugary stuff! Jacob should love this.

That is one blog that is going to keep me busy in the kitchen for months to come.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Therese,

    Thanks for visiting my blog today, and for leaving a comment {I luuurve comments!}

    My boys will adore the "big hands" photo. Must try that very soon.

    I agree about the roundabouts. They make me feel sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    Great to meet you. Thanks for the comment, I was not kidding. Liverpool is high on my favourites list now.
    Know exactly what you mean about the spinning thing. Took my kids as teenagers(a long time ago)to Alton Towers. Went on one ride and was ill for days afterwards.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Winnibrigg, my son is desperate to go to Alton Towers again and I'm running out of excuses. I used to love it so much and would queue for hours to be able to go on the front seat with my eyes wide open.

    Nice to meet you too, Therese

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet! and your blog is fab as well,
    I love reading about the adventures you and your son have.
    I will be trying that 'big hands' photo today!
    Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dia, glad you like the blog. It's lovely getting comments from people.

    The big hands photos are really silly but good fun.

    Therese

    ReplyDelete