Friday 12 August 2011

days indoors

Oh what to do on those wet days indoors. Well hubby nipped to the allotment to pick some fruit for our 5 a day and came back with some goodies which went down a treat.

Delicious!

Jacob then spent some time with a box of elastic bands (not sure why we have elastic bands) and came up with this.........








Rather lovely I thought. Don't quite know what to do with them but they look better than in the box they came in.

We did play a game with it where you make one loop, put it round the ankles of two people (me and a chair) creating two lengths of elastic and then one person jumps in and out of the elastic lengths trying not to touch the elastic. This then moves up to the knees and the person continues to jump in and out, it moves up to the thighs and so on until the person either touches the elastic or can't jump to the new height. Jacob loved it. 

I used to do the same a s a child with knicker elastic, a very long length of knicker elastic.  I'm sure there was a song we sang as we jumped in and out but I can't remember it.

Maybe that's why I was so good at high jump!

And does anyone remember these lovely munchies? I used to eat them pack after pack when I was a child and now my son is into them big style. They are sooooo lovely!




Film night tonight and lots of popcorn. I love kids films so i'm quite excited!

But first - Dinner time

And on the menu - Prawn egg fried rice with whatever else is in the fridge

Ooo found a few things......





That will do nicely


Decided to give the chop sticks a whirl again after numerous failed attempts and someone got the hang of them to his absolute joy









Film Review



We watched

'Furry Revenge'

and although Jacob gave it 8 out of 10 we had to round off the evening by watching good old 'Mr Benn', the 1970's simple animation of a man who has adventures through a fancy dress shop. There was a scene in Furry Revenge that scared him to bits - a woman who turns over in bed to face her husband and her face was part racoon. She pounced on her husband and Jacob pounced behind a cushion (me too).

We happily watched 2 episodes of Mr Ben and he fell asleep.

A good time was had by all!

Love film nights.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely evening.
    Chopsticks! I should introduce them to my little guy. He would love them--I am sure of it.

    Thanks for dropping by to comment on the blog. It made me smile to read your thoughtful words.
    R.

    ReplyDelete