Wednesday 10 August 2011

La Munch

The piece of work I did for La Munch cafe in LA fitness, Sale, is now finished and insitu. Nice to do a piece of work that is larger than the usual and to combine some screenprinting with the painting. The background is full of tiny cupcakes as Beau (proprietor of the cafe) is expanding into the cupcake business.


Beau makes the most fantastic banana bread and whenever I take Jacob for his swimming lessons he drags me into the cafe first for a piece of it along with a fruit smoothie. The chocolate brownies are divine and the cupcakes are very cute indeed.

Unfortunately for Jacob the venue for his swimming lessons has changed - I don't know what he's going to do without that banana bread (the smoothies I do at home most days now as he's a little addicted to them).

There is only one thing for it - I shall have to try baking some banana bread myself! (I did try once but you could have used it to sink a ship!)

Any good recipes?

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of all things banana, so I can't help you there! :( But I just remembered coming across this recipe the other day!

    http://smittenkitchen.com/2006/11/speckled-for-the-freckled/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall give it a whirl Tang, thank you. And how lovely to have a visitor to my blog, thank you again, Therese

    ReplyDelete