Saturday 17 September 2011

gorgeous flapjacks

Made these flapjacks to keep me going in work as I get the nibbles around 10 o'clock. I work a long day on a Friday this year as up at 6am and I'm teaching until 4.30pm then prepare for the following week until about 5.30pm (hey that's a long day for a teacher!) I then drive 45 minutes home and i'm well and truly ready for a big meal!

Yesterday I took a good supply in but only ate 1 myself as my sixthform students wanted to sample my baking and I offered my last one to colleague. I was starved by the time I left for home. They all seemed to agree that they were delicious, so here goes with the recipe.

Ingredients
200g sunflower maragarine
325g porridge oats
100g maple syrup
150g soft light brown sugar




Oven preheated to 180 degrees centigrade
25 minutes to cook

I lined a 9inch baking tin with baking paper - why round? dunno, just to hand

Melt the margarine in a large saucepan gently and then stir in the maple syrup and sugar. Simmer and keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and add the oats, stir thorougly and cover all the oats with the mixture.

Pour the contents of the saucepan into the lined baking tin and bake for 25 minutes.

Leave to cool. I usually can't resist at this stage cutting up and tasting as the smell is gorgeous but the flapjacks are not ready to be cut up until it has completely cooled. This time I left overnight wrapped in baking paper and cut up in the morning. Successful slices of flapjacks that are very, very filling.

These really will keep you going in between meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment