Sunday 18 September 2011

Am amazed

Mr Scientist was up early again this morning and I found him in the kitchen doing an experiment that had me wowed.

He made butter from whipping cream!!!

Now I thought you had to have a churn, loads of time to turn it and a cow in the back yard. But no, a jar with a lid, 3 marbles and some whipping cream was all that was needed for Jacob to create butter to dribble all over his pasta later in the day. And by 'eck was that butter good.

Jar with whipping cream and 3 marbles - LID ON


Shake like mad for 10 minutes or so


Pour out the liquid, remove the marbles, pat the butter to remove any further liquid and HEY PRESTO this city girl is amazed at the sight of butter in a dish.


Wow, that's just lovely isn't it!

I have learnt one very important thing from this experiment that I shall remember always from now on -

'WHIPPING CREAM IS FULL OF FAT' and I don't think I will eat it again.

2 comments:

  1. that is cool Noah would love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a cool experiment, honestly I was laughing when I realised it worked. Jacob is very proud of himself.

    ReplyDelete