Saturday 21 July 2012

family photos shared

I'm an avid photographer and never without a camera in my possession. My iphone is really an icamera, I don't think i've made more than 10 calls on it in 2 years (texting, now that's a different story altogether, I can text in my sleep) and it fits so neatly into my tiny handbag.

For Father's day this year Jacob and I stored a collection of photo's from our trip to Center Parcs on a usb stick and shot over to Asda to print off a quickee photo book. A friend gave me the idea after we went camping in April and she got one made up for herself and her children.

And yes, I did spell Centre incorrectly but hey, it won't hurt anyone.



Well, it reduced this households Father to tears, I'd taken stacks and stacks of Father and Son photos at Center Parcs and it was lovely to see the two of them looking through it together, laughing at all the capers they'd got up to and smiling from front to back cover.

Look out for the photo book machine at Asda when you need a quick present for family.

There are quite a few sites selling very similar and possibly better quality photo books but this was quick and easy and great for a last minute present.

Another present which turned out to be a lovely present was this book that Jacob bought for his Dad, well really it was a present for himself which he should have returned in a year or so, however long it takes Dad to fill it in.


I also gave one to my Dad and I really can't wait to get it back again. Dad loves writing, he writes poetry and I think he's enjoying filling this book in. Honestly, I really can't wait to read it. I know lots about my Dad and his capers over his lifetime but I've never, ever spoken to him about the things that this book asks i.e. What did you think of me when you saw me for the first time?  We don't talk personal stuff, we're all a bit shy and embarrassed when it comes to expressing our emotions in our family so this will indeed be a most interesting book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment